Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 5 - On Passions and Callings

This year has been a challenging time of not feeling passion for a lot of things God has put in front of me to live out for Him. My heart has felt so closed off to living fully for many different reasons. The beautiful reality is that HE is faithful in those times when I do not feel faithful and HE reminds me daily to not give in to basing my love for HIM and my passion for HIM on how I feel or on how circumstances look to my eye. My ultimate passion is for the ONE who has saved me from death, HE who has redeemed my soul, who pursues me with relentless love - forever I am HIS own.

Part of the joy of living with Jesus is that callings and passions are birthed in us and as we know HIM more and more, we are made to have a desire to change what is around us with those passions.

I am passionate about...

Worshiping right where I am and not waiting for Sunday
 Living in community
Stepping into the lives of people around me to love them
Seeing children set free in the name of Jesus...rescue is a beautiful reality
 Eating cookies for breakfast...mmmm : )
Teaching young and older how to play the violin
Looking through a camera lens to photograph people
Sitting down with a friend to hear their heart
Not drinking coffee...I'm a tea girl : )
Seeing truth + justice prevail


No comments:

Post a Comment