Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 8 - Music Notes

"Music that moves you...tell us your favorite artists/stations"

The songwriters and the singers: 
Chris Tomlin
 Matt Redmond
Tenth Avenue North
Justin Rizzo
 those Rend people over at Rend Collective
Will Reagan
 Brooke Fraser
 Luke Wood
Kristian Stanfill
Jonas Brothers - yep, love their early stuff
Nat King Cole
 Bing Crosby
Ricky Nelson
Dean Martin
Joshua Bell


The tunes:
Nothing I Hold Onto by Will Reagan
my cell family sings this and it's unlike anything else to hear so many hearts singing out about climbing the mountain with our hands wide open...

Come On My Soul by Rend Collective
reminds me of the psalms when David would tell his soul not to be downcast

He Is Faithful by Torwalts
hearing my church family join together and sing this out on Sunday mornings is pure happiness

Heart After You by Luke Wood
...it's better to take Refuge in You, Lord...

I see Heaven by Torwalts
 favorite for forever reasons

On The Street Where You Live by Nat King Cole
Nat can sing it like no other : )

White Christmas by Bing Crosby
could listen to this all year long...I sorta do!

O Mio Babbino Caro by Joshua Bell
this guy on the violin...simply beautiful

God's Great Dance Floor by Chris Tomlin
seeing over 30,000 people worship to this song
 at Passion made my heart sing

Crazy Love by Robbie Seay Band
 the lyrics are timeless - HE loves us with a crazy love

Chasing by Desperation
I will never stop running after YOU, Lord


The recordings:
 Passion: Take It All - as my friend would say...repeat...all  day, every day
 The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North
 Pride & Prejudice soundtrack...had to include this one : )
Long Trip Home by Joshua Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment